Friday 18 January 2013

Acceptance

Re- reading this blog entry has made me realise how much things have changed since i last wrote this. Thinking back i must have written this when i was having a more of a positive spin on life, however right now i feel the complete opposite.
Although after reading this again it has made me realise that if i have been able to accomplish these feelings before, then maybe i can accomplish them again.
Overall it all takes time and as in the story of the Tortoise and the Hare "slow and steady wins the race." 

The feeling of acceptance and being accepted plays a big part in my life. For the majority of the past three years i have struggled to feel accepted by a group of friends or by family, but for the first time in a while things appear to be turning around.
Starting a new school has to have been one of the major factors. Getting a new group of friends and leaving everything in the past where it should stay, in the past and not to let it catch me up and follow me everywhere i go.
Also i feel as though i am becoming more of a stronger person. I feel as though i can tell people when they are pissing me off and when they've hurt me because at the end of the day if i don't tell someone it's going to hurt me more than if i do tell them. This is something i have always struggled with, hence the reason for starting a blog. My blog is a place where i can write everything and anything that's getting me down or pissing me off.

Learning to accept myself for who i am is a big deal. A close friend told me a couple of weeks a go something that they thought would piss me off. But weirdly it didn't because it helped kick something into gear, something that is helping me change the ways and habits that i have created and got myself into. At the end of the day, this friend has said what everyone is probably thinking, however i can't see this myself. I wish i could see it, but unfortunately that's not how things work. Forget GCSEs , A Levels and all that, i think that life is the hardest test given to you and how you go about it is important. Recently i feel as though i have slipped back into old ways, but now i feel as though i can go back to where i was and continue with just 'YOLO'-ing my way through everything.


While we cannot direct the wind, we can adjust the sails.
Photo courtesy of a friend's photography project.




No comments:

Post a Comment